This e-learning module introduces physicians to clinical genomics.
This resource includes case studies, quizzes, tools and video interviews with physicians who are already engaged in this field.
• The structure and function of the human genome
• The sequencing and testing process
• Some current applications in healthcare
• Discussing testing and results with patients and their families
• Ordering a genomic test or referring to genetics services
• Interpreting a genomic report
• Key ethical, legal and social issues
It was co-developed by Garvan Institute’s Kinghorn Centre for Clinical Genomics (KCCG) and the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP).
‘Clinical Genomics for Physicians’ can be accessed for free on the RACP’s e-learning platform: